REGISTRATION OF TRANSPORTERS FOR CROP AND MARKETING MATERIALS HAULAGE DURING THE 2017 MARKETING SEASON
In its quest to attain an effective and efficient crop securing benchmark, the Food Reserve Agency (FRA) invites applications from eligible and reputable transporters to register for the provision of transportation services in the following categories:
- INTRA PROVINCIAL HAULAGE – This category will involve moving stock and marketing materials within a province. The following vehicles and trucks are appropriate for use under this category.
- 4 x 4 wheel tipper trucks;
- Small to Medium sized rugged trucks – rigid
- 4 x 4 tractors and trailer
- Any truck(s) suitable for rough and sandy terrain.
- INTER PROVINCIAL HAULAGE – This category will involve moving stock and marketing materials between provinces. The following truck(s) are appropriate for use under this category.
- Articulated trucks with trailers;
- Any suitable truck with carrying capacity of 20 – 30 metric tons for long haul.
The Agency will prefer as a priority to register transporter(s) with truck(s) fitted with a GPS monitoring system to be used for easy tracking of the movement of stock.
Applicants are required to provide the following information in their applications:
- Registered Company name with PACRA certificate.
- List of names of Directors with certified copies of their NRCs
- List of names of Transport & Logistics coordinating team.
- Company profile (brief history of business operations of similar works).
- Current Physical and Postal address.
- Current contact phone numbers and email address.
- Road Service License from Road Transport & Safety Agency.
- Fleet size with valid copies of truck registration white books and insurance.
- VAT registration certificate/tax clearance certificate
- Goods in Transit insurance cover copy
Application forms may be obtained from the FRA Head Office/Regional Offices upon payment of a non – refundable fee of ZMW 150.00
All transporters currently registered and working with the Food Reserve Agency should RE – APPLY if they wish to be considered for the 2017 crop marketing season.
All application(s) clearly marked REGISTRATION OF TRANSPORTERS FOR THE YEAR 2017 MARKETING SEASON should be deposited only at FRA Regional Offices highlighted here below:
CHOMA KASAMA NDOLA CHINSALI
CIDA Sheds CIDA Sheds Bwana Mkubwa Depot Minestone Shed
Box 630006 Box 410501 Box 71796 Box 440101
Tel: (213) 20314 Tel 🙁 214) 221560 Tel: (212) 651082 Tel: (214) 560139
CHIPATA KABWE MONGU MANSA
NAPSA Building Mkuyu House CIDA sheds CIDA Sheds
Box 510879 Box 80425 Box 910255 Box 710394
Tel: (216) 21684 Tel: (215) 223037 Tel: (217) 221056 Tel: (212) 821061
MONZE PETAUKE SOLWEZI LUSAKA
PLOT No.277 P.O. Box 560039 CIDA Sheds Mwembeshi Road
Livingstone Road Off Chipata Road Box 110255 Box 34054
Tel: (213) 250 537 Tel: (216) 371 062 Tel: (218) 821 644 Tel: (211) 286 353
Please note that no application(s) should be deposited at FRA Head offices or else they shall be treated as invalid and won’t be considered.
Registering/registration with the Agency DOES NOT mean automatic offer of business as offers of business will be based on transporters past performance, fleet capacity and availability of stock among others.
The Closing date for receipt of application forms both Intra and Inter provincial stock/marketing material haulage is Friday 30th June 2017.
For and on behalf of the