| SALE OF DESIGNATED COMMODITIES DURING THE 2016/17 AGRICULTURAL MARKETING SEASON |
THE FOOD RESERVE ACT CAP. 225
SALE OF DESIGNATED COMMODITIES DURING THE 2016/17 AGRICULTURAL MARKETING SEASON
Further to the terms of Government Notice Number 691 on the sale of designated agricultural commodities during the 2016/2017 Agricultural Marketing Season and, Pursuant to the provisions of Section 8(2) and Section 10 (2) (e) of the Food Reserve Act, Cap. 225 of the Laws of Zambia, the Food Reserve Agency hereby announces its intention to sell part of the designated commodities in the National Strategic Food Reserve during the 2016/2017 Agricultural Marketing Season.
The Agency intends to sell maize for export through allocations to various purchase categories and may use different procedures for different areas. The intended sale shall be for 100,000 metric tonnes of white maize.
The maize is located at various depots spread across the country and will be sold on ex-depot or free on board (FOB) basis.
The sale is in order to create space, properly handle, rotate, distribute and position designated commodities to various parts of the country as part of the national strategic food reserve.
Eligible companies shall be Zambian companies and entities registered with Patents and Company Registration Agency (PACRA) and reputable companies from foreign jurisdictions dealing in agricultural business such as milling, food and food processing and grain trading.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND ALLOCATIONS CRITERIA
- The Applicants shall apply in writing and submit their applications to FRA with the following:
- a receipt for the non-refundable participation fee of K750.00;
- State the quantity of maize required and indicative price offer in USA dollars ($) per tonne; and
- Indicate the export market to which the maize is destined.
- b) The Crop Sales Committee constituted by Management shall review and consider the applications and allocate a given quantity of stock for sale to the applicants.
Note: The successful applicants shall only make payments for the allocated stocks after signing of the formal contract by all parties.
Applications received after the deadline (15th July, 2017) shall not be considered. All intending purchasers that may have already sent applications before this Advert should re-apply.
Martha M. Nalubamba
LEGAL COUNSEL/AGENCY SECRETARY
FOOD RESERVE AGENCY
P.O. Box 34054