| SALE OF DESIGNATED COMMODITIES DURING THE 2016/17 AGRICULTURAL MARKETING SEASON |
THE FOOD RESERVE ACT CAP. 225
SALE OF DESIGNATED COMMODITIES DURING THE 2016/17 AGRICULTURAL MARKETING SEASON
The Agency on dates between 29th June, 2017 and 15th July, 2017 advertised the sale of 100,000 metric tonnes of white maize which was publicized in Newspapers of general and wide circulation within the Republic of Zambia. The Agency still has maize stocks from the 100,000 metric tonnes available for sell on export basis pursuant to the terms of Government Notice Number 691 on the sale of designated agricultural commodities during the 2016/2017 Agricultural Marketing Season and, Pursuant to the provisions of Section 8(2) and Section 10 (2) (e) of the Food Reserve Act, Cap. 225 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Agency now intends to sell the available maize stocks for export through allocations to intending purchasers and may use different procedures for different areas.
The maize is located at various depots spread across the country and will be sold on ex-depot or free on board (FOB) basis.
The sale is in order to create space, properly handle, rotate, distribute and position designated commodities to various parts of the country as part of the national strategic food reserve.
Eligible companies shall be Zambian companies and entities registered with Patents and Company Registration Agency (PACRA) and reputable companies from foreign jurisdictions dealing in agricultural business such as milling, food and food processing and grain trading.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND ALLOCATIONS CRITERIA
- The Applicants shall apply in writing and submit their applications at the FRA registry at Food Reserve House, Plot 7419, Manda Road, Industrial Area, Lusaka with the following:
- A receipt for the non-refundable participation fee of K750.00;
- State the quantity of maize required and indicative price offer in USA dollars ($) per tonne; and
- Indicate the export market to which the maize is destined.
- b) The Crop Sales Committee constituted by Management shall review and consider the applications and allocate a given quantity of stock for sale to the applicants.
Note: The successful applicants shall only make payments for the allocated stocks after signing of the formal contract by all parties.
Applications received after the deadline (close of business on 13th September, 2017) shall not be considered. All intending purchasers that may have already sent applications after 15th July, 2017 but before the date of this Advert need not re-apply.
P.O. Box 34054 Martha M. Nalubamba
LUSAKA LEGAL COUNSEL/AGENCY SECRETARY
FOOD RESERVE AGENCY